Sunday, October 5, 2014

Plagiarized Cover Art ~ The Makeover

I created covers for a publisher last year who is no longer in business.  The first cover I created last year and the second cover, well I did create it, but as you can see the font was changed. Before I decided to go public with this I downloaded the sample on Amazon and the credit goes to another artist. Also I opened both covers in Photoshop and umm, yeah. It is the same exact cover. I know every nook and cranny of this cover and spent a good deal of time polishing it up.

 No, I don't want money, I've been paid for the cover by the publisher. I just want everyone to know I'm the creator of this cover. And I bear no ill will to the author. Maybe she didn't know any better? I doubt that seriously.  Now mind you, simply changing the font doesn't make one a cover artist.




I feel the cover up failed miserably and has taken from the original cover. Magnified right down to the pixels, the cover up looks like an electronic version of whiteout.  I used several different stock photos to create this cover.

So, that's it folks. I'm just putting it out there that I am the creator of this book cover titled The Makeover. I refuse to sit by and do nothing while someone else takes the credit for something I created. 

No comments: