Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Release This Week


Excerpt


“Look, if you want I’ll refer you to another personal trainer.”

For some odd reason, her heart sank at that thought. She’d come to look forward to their workout sessions several times a week. The actual thought of not seeing him drilled a sharp pang of disappointment through her.

“That’s not what I want,” she admitted.

“Then what do you want?”

“I’m confused, but I’ll get over it.”

“If it bothers you that much to be around me, then let’s end it now before things get too much out of control.” With that he started the engine to his Hummer.

“Let me just say this,” Cynthia interjected reluctantly. “I don’t know how it came to be that our paths crossed the way it did. I never knew you worked at the gym until Leiland became sick. I just need you to know that I didn’t intentionally track you down.”

She twirled her thumbs as little prickly needles stabbed over her flesh and her breathing escalated. God, she feared she was about to have a panic attack or something.

“Don’t you think I know that?”

“You know we’re just friends, right?”

“No, we’re not.” Joshua spoke sharply. “We’re so much more than that and you know it.”

“There can never be anything between us. Ever.”

“And I know you’re lying through your teeth, but keep telling yourself that lie. It will tear you to pieces,” he insisted before pulling out of the parking spot. “Just be ready for tomorrow’s training. Can you at least do that or do you plan to pull another disappearing act on me?”

Cynthia’s eyes widened at words that sliced deep through her. Yeah, she’d been the one to skip town without a word, starting anew. It seemed as though he were challenging her. Was she up for it or would she retreat with her tail between her legs?


No comments: