Friday, August 27, 2010

Indianapolis MotoGP Friday Practice

Howdy folks! I'm on vacation here in Indianapolis, and totally loving it!! The air is fresher, people are not in a hurry, and are very, very pleasant. Ah, just the change of scenery has pepped me up!

Got up this morning, ate breakfast, and hit the gym for an hour! I've been such a slug when it comes to that.  Loving the elliptical trainer and treadmill. I lifted some weights, and spent 3 1/2 hours at the track. So, I've had my exercise for the day.  Tomorrow, going back to the gym before going to the track. Seriously, used to work out seven days a week, and started slacking off for the past two years. Need to make that change.

Thinking I need to cut down on my internet time, too. Sad but true, but I'm an internet addict! I haven't been in front of the computer since yesterday morning. Okay, still utilizing the CrackBerry, even while at the track. LOL That's okay though, I'll never separate from the CrackBerry!! NEVER!!!!

We left Maryland Yesterday at 2 p.m, and arrived to Indianapolis at 10:30 p.m., making only one stop. I enjoyed riding through Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Those states are beautiful, and I will stop on the way back home Monday to take some pics. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous, need some pics to look at for serenity purposes. Ha Ha!! Especially when I go back to the ole day job Wednesday!  : (

Well, I got to see the guys practice today, and it was pretty awesome. There are eighteen riders, and ten different teams. Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo are my favorite drivers on the Fiat Yamaha team. They are two of the top riders. Then, there is Dani Pedrosa of Repsol Honda. My favorites on the Marlboro Ducati team are Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden. These are the top three teams, since the riders have won all the races in the past couple of years. There are other teams, but so far they aren't strong enough to compete with the three teams listed above.

Also, I checked out some awesome Harley's! I love my Harley's, but saw two Ducatis I wouldn't mind having! Harley's are made for cruisin, Ducatis are made for sportin! LOL As a teen, I thought about riding motorcycles, just never did.
The Harley above is an Iron 883, out of all the ones I saw, this stood out to me the most. Sorry, the pics aren't cropped, I only cropped the ones for my Facebook page.

Seriously, thinking about taking a motorcycle class and getting my license. The only thing is, I'd have to start out light, according to my boyfriend, so that means the Harley Sportster 883 would be suitable for me. I love Harleys in all black, black and silver, or black and gold. Red is awesome on a Ducati, but then again, so is black!!

Here in Indianapolis bikes are everywhere, and people are so much more laid back than in Maryland. I would ride a cycle around here, but not in MD, unless I were to go on the back roads. Rush hour traffic in Indianapolis is way less than an hour, certainly not used to that.

Well folks, just a short post, will upload pics tomorrow. Now, going to shower & rest up a bit before heading out to dinner!


Ciao

No comments: