Thursday, October 15, 2009

This Path of Life

Have you ever become so caught up in life, trying to achieve so much that you suddenly take for granted the things you already have? Walking down the path of life, do you ever stop and turn around, remembering where you were in life three or four years ago?

Do you complain because you feel as though things aren't happening fast enough for you, even though you are putting your heart and soul into whatever it is you seek to accomplish?

I'm the first to admit, I sometimes take for granted accomplishments I've made so far in this life while striving to achieve more. I need to remember to stop and be thankful for what I already have such as my health, my job, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food upon my table.

My children, I never take them for granted. I thank God for them every moment I'm with them and the fact that they are healthy. Honestly, I don't know what I would be doing if I had no children. I probably would be running around somewhere getting into so much trouble. ; )

Anyway, I just needed to post this. I'm blessed and thankful for all that I have in life.



Ciao

3 comments:

J Hali Steele said...

Wonderful words, Charisma. I often get caught up in doing more, wanting more and forget the things in my life that I already have that I need to be thankful for.

Great post!

Annie Nicholas said...

Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the business. I have to set time limit to writing.

Z(Aasiyah/Nolwynn) said...

Very wise words, Charisma. I'm too often tempted to beat myself up because I'm not going fast enough, but then I need to slow down and see how fast I've been running all this time and if I can go any faster. Is that even possible, is the question I now ask myself.

Hugs

Z(Aasiyah/Nolwynn)