Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Fitness Journey

Happy Saturday everyone! Just wanted to write a quick post while things are still fresh in my mind. I'll be posting my fitness journey here once a week, probably on Saturdays because this is when I push my limits by working out 90 minutes or 2 hours. During the week I usually work out 40 - 45 minutes per day, sometimes 60, depending on my energy level and projects I need to do.

I'm no stranger to exercise, I've worked out all my life (started in my teens) but I just have a problem with consistency. I wish I could say I've been working out consistently since my teenaged years, but I'd be a liar! You know how it is, sometimes life ( or laziness ) gets in the way, and I swear I'm striving to change this! Oh yeah, especially because I'm 42 now and the old metabolism is slowing down. (You think it slows down in the 30's?)  I love to eat, but I don't starve myself. In my twenties I was so determined to have a sculpted body by the time my forties came a knocking and I plan to keep that promise to myself.

In February 2013 I started working out again several times per week. Before that, I started an exercise regimen in August 2012 which lasted for only two months.   : )  Before that I may have exercised every two or three months, stop, start, and so on and so on. My most memorable and longest workout routine started in 2002 and ended in 2008. My youngest daughter was born in 2000 and I gained a lot of weight. It melted off through a combo of cardio kickboxing and resistance training with bands you attach to doors and weight lifting. In three months time I saw a big difference and I worked out five to six times a week. It was like an addiction. In 2008 I started school and unfortunately became a slacker. In between working 40 hours per week, family, my daughters' activities, and maintaining my grades, I pushed exercising aside. I managed to get a way with murder for a year and a half, but then the weight started creeping in on me. Oh yes, and I was eating any and everything in sight. Every so often I'd start a workout regimen, but it would last a week or two, and I lost my focus.

This time I'm determined to keep things going because to be honest with you it becomes difficult the older you get. Currently I'm obsessing again with the exercising. It has become an addiction for me. For the past few months I've been alternating TaeBo workouts.

Tuesday I started my 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. There are no days off when you're doing The Shred! Throughout the week I've been doing the Brazilian Butt Lift and TaeBo. Must keep the cardio going!



My goal is to start the Insanity program once my 30 days with Jillian Michaels is up. I've had Insanity since February, and never opened it. I know. That's horrible, right??  LOL     http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

I used to post every day on Facebook about my regimen and I had some people email me to say I inspire them and why did I stop? So I'll be posting here on my blog once a week. If you're up for it, why don't you join me?

No comments: