Thursday, June 3, 2010

~Author Spotlight on Roxanne Rhoads~

Thanks for having me here today. As a thank you I would like to offer one reader a pdf copy of Dark Tales Digest which features "Cemetery Seduction".


In “Cemetery Seduction” Abby, a half witch, half vampire whose powers go awry in a club, has to run, afraid that the Others, who are policing all human/magick interaction, might put her in jail. She ends up in a cemetery, jumps behind a bush… and lands right on top of a very sexy ghost hunter.

A short excerpt can be read at: http://www.midnightshowcase.com/midnight/DarkTales.htm

To win just leave a comment on this post. Thanks.

* * *

Q: To begin, please share which genre(s) you write in…

A: I write in a couple: erotic romance, erotica, and paranormal erotic romance and erotica, mostly paranormal but some contemporaries too.


Q: How long did you write before you received your first contract for publication?

A: I’ve been writing since I could hold a pencil or pen in my hand but I didn’t start doing it as work until 2005 and one of my first stories was accepted for publication in Playgirl Magazine then I received a contract for another story in ebook form through Midnight Showcase. Since then I’ve been published in magazines, anthologies both print and ebook, and in several of my own short ebook and print books.


Q: Out of all the stories you’ve written, which is your favorite?

A: Eternal Desire, a paranormal erotic vampire romance set in New Orleans during Halloween


Q: Do you need to be in a specific place or atmosphere before the words flow?

A: Sometimes words and ideas will pop up anywhere at any time, but when I work I force them to come to at least get some words on the page. I have learned that once I get the words coming the story will usually take off on its own.


Q: What’s the strangest source of inspiration you’ve found for a story?

A: Driving by a cemetery wondering about writing a sex scene in a cemetery, actually wondering if it could be done tastefully.


Now I have two upcoming stories that feature sex in a cemetery. “Cemetery Seduction” which will be out in May through Midnight Showcase in the Dark Tales Digest and “A Halloween to Remember” which will be out in September 2010 through Excessica Publishing.


Q: If you could offer one tidbit of information for new writers, what would it be?

A: Network, network, network. Sometimes it really is about who you know. Connections are everything in any business and especially in the publishing world.


Q: Do you have an evil day job or do you write full time?

A: I have three evil kids which are my day job. LOL. No, I am a work at home mom writing full time in between doctor appointments, school musicals, playgroups, grocery shopping, etc.


Q: Name one thing readers would be surprised to learn about you.

A: I can pick things up with my toes. It’s a weird talent but I have always been able to do it. My mom has pictures of em as a baby picking things up and holding them with my feet.


Q: What’s your favorite dirty word?

A: Well I cuss like a trucker when I am angry or in pain (like if I stub my toe) and the word that comes out most is fuck but if you want to talk dirty sexy, I love “cock”. It’s so manly and sexy compared to dick, penis, etc. Cock just makes me think og a big, thick, well endowed man.


Q: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

A: One tattoo that is supposed to be a rose but looks more like a piece of bubblegum stuck on a pot leaf. Someday I hope to get it covered with a dragon. I have a thing for dragons since I was born in the year of the Dragon plus they just appeal to me.


Q: If you could be intimate with three people (not necessarily all at one time *g*) without getting in trouble with your significant other, who would they be?

A: Tom Welling, Tom Welling and Tom Welling. LOL. OK if you want 3 different people: Tom Welling, Adrian Paul, and Ian Somerhalder.


Q: If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you spend the money on?

A: I would pay off my mortgage and all my other bills (and my mom’s), set up my kids with trust funds, go buy a huge piece of land and build a new house and while the house was being built take a nice long vacation.


Q: Which household chore do you abhor and why?

A: I really hate to cook. And the sad thing is that I’m not bad at it I just don’t like doing it. My mom worked two jobs and I took over as “housewife”, grocery shopping chef when I was like 12. So I’ve had to do it for a long time and I just really hate it. If I was really rich I would get a cook before I got a housekeeper.


Q: What’s your favorite comfort food?

A: Shredded hash browns covered in melted cheddar made by my darling hubby or cheesy potato soup made by my mom (yes I am an Irish American potato loving girl)


Q: Do you have a favorite book or movie?

A: Too many to name though I am a sucker for fairy tales and love Ever After with Drew Barrymore and of course Under the Tuscan Sun with Diane Lane.


Q: If you don’t mind sharing, would you tell us about your latest work in progress?

A: I have so many- a werewolf tale set during the holidays, a vampire/witch story, a witch just realizing she’s a witch tale…


Q: In closing, tell us a bit about your latest release (& share a yummy excerpt for those who aren’t yet familiar with your work)

A: Well it’s not my latest but is my favorite, Eternal Desire available in ebook at http://www.eternalpress.biz/people.php?author=349 and in print at Amazon.com


Blurb:


Liz Beth, a paranormal researcher, is haunted by the seductive vampire, Quillon, who may or may not be real. She arrives in New Orleans the week of Halloween to search for the elusive vampire of her dreams and instead encounters a handsome stranger, Christien, with whom she begins a passionate affair with.

Soon she is torn between her dream lover and a flesh and blood man, both of whom are a mystery to her. The closer it gets to Halloween the wilder things become. LizBeth gets closer to the truth about Quillon while Christien has her under his own spell.

Will all be revealed at the Vampyre Ball or will the masks stay in place?

In New Orleans at Halloween anything is possible.


Excerpt

Cool hands moved over my breasts, teasing my nipples to erection. A warm mouth closed over one of the nipples. I felt sharp teeth graze the tender flesh. Warm sensations flooded my body as the cool hands moved between my legs. My nether lips were parted, and a finger plunged inside me. The finger probed my pussy as a thumb rubbed my clit, urging me to climax. I spread my legs wide as another finger, then another, stretched me wide open. Full lips trailed sensual kisses down my neck, then teeth began to nibble at the soft flesh of my throat. Suddenly, sharp fangs pierced my skin.


I woke up drenched in sweat and trembling from an orgasm. My pussy was swollen and sore; my throat burned where the dream fangs had sunken in. I’d had many dreams of Quillon in the past, but never like that. They had never been so intensely sexual. Before, they were always soft and full of shadows, just hinting at desire. This one was downright erotic and left me aching for more than just his fingers inside me.

The dream stayed with me all day. Quillon’s shadowy figure floated through my mind, making it hard to concentrate on anything but him. He stirred something in me no human was capable of, except… Christien. My thoughts suddenly shifted from Quillon to my seductive stranger.

CK: That was an extremely hott excerpt, thanks for sharing!

Readers can find me at:


http://fang-tasticbooks.blogspot.com/

http://roxannesrealm.blogspot.com/

Occasionally I review for NightOwlRomance and I write a monthly column for Night Owl Reviews Magazine.

I also drop in to http://vampchix.blogspot.com/ at least once a month (or I try to)

5 comments:

Roxanne Rhoads said...

crickets, hmmm anyone out there?

ccbutterfly said...

Eternal Desire is a great read and I'm off to get Dark Tales so don't enter me just dropping by to say hi

chrmed88 said...

i know, right cc. Eternal Desire got me hooked.

Thanx for the excerpt, i want both books. knight lady, you pretty cool, keep it up. didn't know about roxanne til today yall did damn good job

LORETTA CANTON said...

That excerpt was hot and I need to cool off. Good excerpt.

lorettaC

J Hali said...

Hi, Roxanne--great job, ladies! Roxanne, I'm still looking for that "Little Shop of Fantasy" and my own set of shiny black wings!! *grins* LOVED Eternal Desires.